Thursday, April 3, 2014

ERYKAH BADU, SOLANGE KNOWLES & LEDISI GRACE THE COVER OF ESSENCE MAGAZINE’S ‘BLACK HAIR NOW’ ISSUE

Essence magazine is on a mission to celebrate black hair with their May 2014 issue which features three different covers with some of our hottest female celebs known for their love of their natural hair.
On the covers are Erykah BaduSolange Knowles and Ledisi. Each lady gives their spill on why they choose to embrace their natural tresses. Read excerpts below:

Erykah Badu:
“I view my hair and clothes as functional art,” says the always funky-cool Badu, who is also the new face of Givenchy. “I’m my own stylist and I love it, but I am not trying to make a statement.”
Solange Knowles:
“We all have the option of how we want to express ourselves through our life, hair, style or whatever we decide. We shouldn’t be pigeonholed into any one category,” she says.
Ledisi:
“Although I’m known for my long, colorful locs, I still don’t take my hair too seriously,” says Ledisi, who is loving life with a new album and a new love. “I experiment a lot, dyeing it and constantly switching styles to grab attention. My hair is one of my best accessories and changing it helps express who I am.”

No comments:

Share This

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...