Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mother's Of Children With Mental Issues Are Beginning To Speak Up

 The message you are about to read below was sent in by a yahoo commenter named Alexa. She said
"Glad that mother's of children with mental issues are beginning to speak up after the Connecticut Shooting".
I am John Golden's mother. My child was a victim of a violent assault when he was 8 by a child who had been seeing psychiatrists since he was 4. Who knew.? Certainly not me . My son was a wonderful, quiet, artistically gifted child . He was also very handsome. We had moved to a new city shortly before the assault. We found out later that the boy was in a class for violent children. It turns out that he wasn't the only one in the family with problems.

 A psychiatrist at Children's Hospital labeled his mother and him narcissists, entitled to do whatever they felt like doing without any concern for anyone but themselves. His sister was a bully, a name caller, always looking to provoke him. His father always beat the boy. The family had also been in counseling for years. Looks like it didn't help. Anyway he and his sister were going at it one day. The boy went into the house, came out to have another one of their knock down drag out fights carrying a curtain rod.The sister was armed with a broom. My son happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. The boy turned on my unarmed son and rammed the curtain rod into his eye and 4 inches into his brain. John hasn't been able to walk and talk for the last 30 years because of this. He's also total care. I have him living at home with me.

The reason I'm sharing our story is so that people who have violent children keep an eye on them 24/7 or find a place to put them. Many mother's are ashamed to open up about their children's mental illness. It's not right that people like my son and myself have paid the ultimate price because someone has a violent child and lets them out in the public with no supervision.

Keep an eye on your violent and disturbed kids please! Unlike the victims in Conn. I'm lucky that my son didn't die. I don't know how I would have survived. My heart goes out to the victms and their families.They say that there's nothing worse than losing a child. But there is. Losing them to violence is worse.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its good to be watchful. But the most important, is to remove the bill of free gun ownership in US.

Share This

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...